April 19, 2010

wanting...



Wanting peace and quiet on a lovely afternoon...

The other afternoon I went out behide our shed
in hope of having a little quiet time.

It was quiet and peaceful too.......with the exception of loud music blaring from the neighbors on the next street over, constant sound of traffic going by our house(including lots of loud motorcycle's), a neighbor mowing their lawn, and an airplane flying overhead.


At times it's difficult to find a place of solitude when you live by a busy highway and on the edge of town. Even my bedroom, located by the main entrance to our house, isn't quiet most of the time.

I love peace and quiet, silence and stillness.
The sound of birds in the tree's.
The sounds of nature. And I love the country.

There are times when God strips us of things around us,
things we take forgranted or don't notice, so we can appreciate them more.
That's kinda've where I am right now.

But God's plans are greater than ours,
and I am so thankful for parents who listen to, and obey what He says.

When we moved here over a year ago,
we thought we would only be here for a few months--6 months at the most.
Look where we are, still here!

But I'd much rather be here, a place I would rather not be sometimes, 
than somewhere else and out of God's will for my life.

--------------

Three different translations of Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you,
saith the LORD, thoughts of peace,
 and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
~
I alone know the plans I have for you,
plans to bring you prosperity and not disaster,
plans to bring about the future you hope for.
~
For I know the purposes which I am planning for you,
says Jehovah; purposes of peace,
and not for evil; to give you posterity and a hope.


----------------

Trust in the Lord, and do good;
so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
Delight thyself also in the Lord;
and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Commit thy way unto the Lord;
trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
  Psalm 37:3-5

For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand,
saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.
Isaiah 41:13

 



-corina.dm

No comments:

Post a Comment