May 9, 2010

If home is where the heart is...

than my home is in New York...
the place my family and I moved from a little more than a year ago.

We spent an enjoyable 8 days in the Finger Lakes going places,
visiting with friends and family, and making memories.

I tried my best to capture many of those moments
so in this post you'll see the highlights of our time there...

-

At the Windmill with our wonderful friend Heidi...

Auntie Anne's pretzels....there's nothing like em!

-

As far back as I can remember, we've had Buck.
My dad bought him at an auction when he was only 4 months old,
and we had him for nearly 13 years..

Buck was my favorite horse.
I loved going out in the barn to pet him.
He is one of the most child safe horses I have ever known.
You could walk under his belly and my little sisters could hug his leg.
The sound of a basketball bouncing in the hayloft,
loud children running through the barn,
even going through a parade with fire trucks doesn't bother him.

Than a couple years ago we sold him to a friend
Buck is Quarter horse with lots of energy,
and dad didn't feel like he had time to ride him as much as he needed to be ridden.

Sometimes I still miss him...
But it was so good seeing him again.
He gives horseback rides at the Windmill most Saturdays
and I was so happy that Harrison was able to 'meet' him.(:
Buck was, after all, practically a member of our family.

Harrison has never sat on or seen a horse up close in real life,
but when we sat him on Buck you never would've guessed that.
I guess its in his blood.(:



-

Many hours of playtime together with as many fun memories made.


-

Yummy iced latte's with friends at OakHill's OakLeaf cafe.(:



-



-

Grandma and Harrison


-

A walk down the road with a friend and many hilarious memories made.lol



-

We had many cups of hot tea while at Grandpa's.


-


(for me, a highlight of the trip)

-

Us older children and mom played sequence
with Granpa and Gramma one evening.


-

Ice cream at Mac's! yummm


-

The sunrise at 6am...
No, I did NOT take this picture! lol Mom did.(:
Yes, it was gorgeous, but I would've rather been in bed!


-



-

One afternoon Mom, Ashlyn, Harrison, and me
 visited with Pauline, an elderly friend of ours.
She is 80 years older than me, so guess how old that makes her!!


-

Well, I hope you've enjoyed this peek into our trip 'home'..

Another highlight I didn't mention was going to see
the Anne of Green Gables play at FamilyLife.
And as always, they did an awesome job with the production..

Also to make our trip a bit more.....interesting,
the 4 youngest had the whooping cough..
Not so much fun, but we made it!

It was so good being able to see many of you there!
Thanks for making our time there fun and special!
I can't wait till our next trip up there!


-corina.dm

5 comments:

  1. Corina, it was so great having you guys here again. We really miss you:( I love these pictures. Did I ever mention your an awsome photographer? I love all these pictures. Keep up the good work.
    Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome pics!!! I miss you guys so much these days, but enjoy the times we do get to be together.

    Hope everyone is healthy again.

    You should post those cafe pics to our facebook page!!

    Love you guys! LaReta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent post Corina!! We loved Oak Hill cafe too! And I will show Wilbur the pictures of Buck:)You take awesome pictures!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures Corina!! i miss u guys!!!! come back soon!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So if Pauline is 80 years older than you...you mus be what, 14 or 15?
    I have a 15 year old grandson. Pauline looks fabulous! Not a day over 80, but I know you're not 0, so....
    Looks like you guys had a great trip to NY.

    ReplyDelete