January 1, 2011

thanksgiving and more

 *Note to those of you have read the post previous to this one: none of these are edited with PS... I had already done all the editing on the pictures for this post before getting Photoshop.



On our way to Iowa we stopped at the arch(obviously). I had never been up before, only drove past it which was way back when I was little. Those small--very tiny--capsules that take you to the top are awesome!!
us kiddo's
If I lived in St. Louis, I might consider walking those steps every day for exercise.. (:


The highest I've ever been...(besides flying)


The view from the top.

I spy the van!!

"Thank you self-timer."

Well...we finally arrived at our destination. (:
Our stay with the Bontragers was most enjoyable..


My cousin let me put her flash on my camera for a little, and boy, did I love it!!
experimenting...

After what I wrote in THIS post you were probably wondering what my smile(with a gap) looks like. Well for those of you who were curious...

Ok, so you're probably thinking 'its not really that big', but believe me, when you're used to no gap and in less than a week it goes from together to approximately 4mm apart, it's BIG! Also, it's not as wide anymore and when I get braces in a few weeks it'll go right back together. (:


---

We had Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday instead of Thursday because of other plans.
the table. [minus most of the food]

cranberry salad

stuffed potatoes

chicken instead of turkey

pies by Allison




Us older girls went out to an adorable little coffee shop in town later on in the evening. 

Ashlyn - Chelsy - Me - Allison
Nothing like a good latte--or a good talk while sipping it!!!




-corina.dm

3 comments:

  1. I so like that coffee shop! & I think Chelsy & Allison like to take people there. don't we feel special!?:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. going to the arch was so much fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing pictures by an even amazingER lady. =) you're just so talented!

    i love the post! makes me miss all of you terribly!

    love you!

    ReplyDelete