October 31, 2010

{1.thing}

If I could get one thing right now, only one. I know what it would be.
{pardon the google images. i can't stand them either.. but if i had this stuff than i would have pictures of them, right???}
I want it more than

a bigger and better camera...


a laptop of my own...


or a nicer guitar...



That one thing is a REAL piano.

I haven't played on a real piano for months, only a keyboard. A keyboard is good and all, but nothing can beat a piano. Nothing.
Over the weekend I visited friends and had the privilege of playing on their piano. It was so refreshing. I could have played for hours on end and never gotten tired of it...






-----

It's so easy to take for granted the many blessings God has given us. I know that I have taken so many things for granted, a nice piano included. And there's other things like fresh grape juice, grandparents only a few miles down the road, a large yard and a property in the country with lots of acreage, and friends close by. When we lived in New York I had all of that. For me it was normal and everyday. I never stopped to think what it would be like without those things. You can never completely know how much you love something till you no longer have it. When my family moved to Georgia over a year and half ago, we left behind all that we had known for almost 8 years and stepped into the unknown, but we knew God wanted us to do exactly that. Since then God has been taking us on an amazing journey of faith and trust. I am so excited to see what God has in store for us in the coming years!

-----





-corina.dm

3 comments:

  1. Awww...dearie! I enjoyed reading the post. Yes, maybe s o m e d a y the Lord will bless you with a REAL piano! Your thoughts were so sweet to read, though, and your attitude is really precious!
    Love you, and looking forward to Thanksgiving!
    ~Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. girlfriend, whatever camera you're using now has got to be pretty good- your pics are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really like that piano picture and i always wanted a real piano but for now i just have a key board....how long have you been playing the piano?

    ReplyDelete