December 31, 2009

About the header...

...It's about as close as we get to winter in GA.lol The big holly bush at the end of our drive. (:


---------------------------------

Some days....
I miss New York more now than I have in the past 9 months since we moved.
I miss the scenery.
I miss my friends.
I miss going out to the barn and petting the horses whenever I feel like it.
I miss the place that I called home for almost 8 years.


Isn't it just GORGEOUS!?!

----------------------------------




Things are different here in GA...
There's only been a couple white flakes in the air and its almost New Years day.
There's no wood stove to snuggle by after playing in the snow.
No more shoveling the long path from the barn to the house so we can pull wagon loads of wood, through the snow, to the house.
For Christmas we didn't have granpa and gramma S. close by to spend the day with.
We didn't trade names with mom's family as we have for the past 8 years, or spend the day with everybody eating and playing games.



Sometimes it doesn't feel good to be taken out of our comfort zone, but how can we learn to trust God if we're doing fine on our own?
There are days when I'd rather not be here. We don't often see close friends. And because of where we are I don't have the options of things to do that I had where we lived in NY. We live on the edge of town with a small yard and only our 2 dogs, instead of a "farm-et" in the country. I love to keep my hands busy so without outside chore's, something I enjoyed doing, somedays I get bored and tend to feel sorry for myself.
Those are the time I need to remember to trust Him! God's plans are so much better than ours, but sometimes it's hard to put our trust in Him. He see's the completed picture: all we see is one piece of the puzzle. We have no idea what the future holds...even our next breath isn't guaranteed!



TRUST~

Proverbs 3:5--TRUST in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Psalms 40:4--Blessed is that man that maketh the Lord his TRUST, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.

Nahum 1:7--The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that TRUST in him.
 
Psalms 118:8--It is better to TRUST in the Lord than to put confidence in man.

~remember to put your TRUST in God ALONE.



-----------------------

Over Christmas we had the opportunity to spend time with granpa and gramma M in Florida.
And while we were there, we went to the beach!!!! (:
My friend took our family pictures out there so once I have more time to sit at the computer and go through and edit more pictures I WILL post them on here..



--------------------------------------





HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!



~corina.dm

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the encouraging update!! i really needed to hear those things about trusting God!!!

    ReplyDelete